Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday's Lunch

Today the staff went out to lunch . . . yeah, I know we're always "out to lunch" in a manner of speaking. But today was special - it was Debbie Landry's victory lunch! She absolutely crushed everyone else in our NCAA basketball tournament bracket pool . . . she had it won even before a final four game was ever played. Not only was she so far ahead at that point that nobody could catch her, she actually rubbed it in by picking Florida to win it all! Debbie "the victor" Landry should be your special guest next time you travel to Las Vegas!

I came in second, but being second only means you're the first loser! All the rest of us can talk, compare who did better, who picked what team to do what, and how close we were if only a few games would have turned out differently, but the truth remains that everyone else lost. I like to do that with other Christians - compare records of who did what, how much I do, how things would be different "if only ...," etc. But all that talk gains me about as much righteousness as does my boasting about being second on the staff tourney pool gains me a free lunch!

Praise God for Christ, for His righteousness, for His grace.

losing again,
Burt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home