Thursday, April 27, 2006

Overwhelmed

Do you ever just get to the point where you feel you just can't get it all done? I know you do - we all do. This is one of those times for me! Regular church ministry is enough to keep me busy, but now add my schoolwork (I'm behind in two classes and am struggling to catch up), yardwork (my mower is needing some repairs, thus we're behind in the yardwork category as well), home maintenance (I have 3 attic vent fans that have all burnt out at the same time and need to be replaced, and also a plumbing leak in the basement), baseball (which I guess I could cut out ... but right now that's my primary means of being involved in mission to the community), and most importantly I'm a husband and a dad (which must involve "quantity" time, not just "quality" time.) There's absolutely no way I'm going to be able to get all this done - unless God shows up and does something amazing.

While everything around me changes and gets in a mess, chiefly because of own doing, the one thing that remains constant is God's faithfulness. So as I face the impossible mountain of stuff I must do, I will believe that God's grace and strength is sufficient for me and that in my weakness He will be strong.

So if anything actually gets done in my life these days, realize that you better give God the credit ... I'm overwhelmed, immobilized, and inept ... God is gracious!

dependant on my dad,
Burt

3 Comments:

Blogger Crissy said...

Can't wait for you to get a break from school. I really miss your posts.

We're praying for you.

9:15 PM  
Blogger quinn said...

time to post again pastor

4:07 PM  
Blogger Jawan said...

Burt must be REALLY overwhelmed....haven't heard a thing since April. Hmmmm....

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home